Greetings from the archery range.
Today was our first day out on the range. I decided to get input from the campers to see how they enjoyed their first hobby session.
Elijah Goldberg from Mowhawk 3 wanted to fill me in what they did during there session. He says: This is my first time choosing archey as my hobby even though I had done it before at camp in previous summers. I learned today that I am left-eye dominant. I didn't know this before, however I am glad that I know now.
We also learned about the different parts of the arrow, and bow, as well as safety while shooting on the range. In particular, the lower the limb, upper limb, and the knock. We had to rotate taking turns shooting for the first time, but while we were out we got to play games in the shade. I can't wait for the upcoming sessions where can do competitions against the campers. It was a great first day-can't wait to see what's in store for the upcoming sessions. He ends with: "why shoot birds when you can shoot targets?"
Elijah Goldberg from Mowhawk 3 wanted to fill me in what they did during there session. He says: This is my first time choosing archey as my hobby even though I had done it before at camp in previous summers. I learned today that I am left-eye dominant. I didn't know this before, however I am glad that I know now.
We also learned about the different parts of the arrow, and bow, as well as safety while shooting on the range. In particular, the lower the limb, upper limb, and the knock. We had to rotate taking turns shooting for the first time, but while we were out we got to play games in the shade. I can't wait for the upcoming sessions where can do competitions against the campers. It was a great first day-can't wait to see what's in store for the upcoming sessions. He ends with: "why shoot birds when you can shoot targets?"
Until next time,
Rachel Cohen