Visit Us On

June 27, 2012

Tusc Talks

Hello friends and families,

My name is Joshua Sham and I will be the Tuscarora Unit Head for the summer of 2012.  This will be my thirteenth summer at camp and my third summer working in the senior camper program. During the year I work as a science teacher; I just finished up a long-term placement at a school outside of Rochester, NY. After camp I will begin working at Peddie, a boarding school in central New Jersey. I am very fortunate to be able to work with adolescents throughout the entire year.

As a staff, we have been working hard over the course of the last six months to create new and exciting programs that will shape this unique experience. These programs will help campers to develop and hone skills of all varieties. They will also allow for campers to escape their comfort zones, gain self confidence and reach their leadership potential. In addition to creating new ideas, the staff has also been working towards developing previously established activities and traditions. Programs such as triathlon, film series, services project and many more have been restructured to better fit the incoming senior campers.

Planning for these programs has enabled the staff to bond into a tight-knit group.  We are ready and eager for the campers to arrive and get this summer started! 

Best,
Joshua Sham
Why not share this post