Hi!
My name is Rachel Cohen and I'm from Atlanta, GA. I am new to csl this summer and am so excited to be working in onondaga.
For the preparation for the campers arrival, we have been through various Seminars and sessions to ensure we are fully prepared. Today, we went though specific camper scenarios, led by a social worker. We role played through different situations and how to properly handle each situation.
During our village time, our unit has been preparing for our fight song. Our village is not only about forming a strong sense of community amongst the girls, but also showing the other villages our enthusiasm we have for our awesome summer ahead. This afternoon, the staff made individual welcome signs for each bunk. Signs in the Cabin will help ensure that the campers are organized and prepared for each activity.
This evening, we worked on our hobby areas. Each hobby area allows the campers to improve their individual skills in which they are passionate about.
For this session, I am going to be in archery. We will specifically be working with campers improving form, aim, and practicing safety. As well as teaching the campers the terminology of the bow, arrow, and range. I cant wait for all of our hard work to pay off when the campers finally arrive!!!