Hello CSL Parents and Families
The time has almost come; the countdown is nearing an end! Camp, and most importantly Cayuga, is almost here! All of the Cayuga staff has been working extremely hard to prepare the village and themselves for your children. We are super excited for the buses to drive down Camp Road and for the campers to run off the buses uniting our village for the first time in July 2012!
This will be my sixteenth summer at CSL and first as a Unit Head. I started coming to CSL in 1997 as a youngest Cayugan and continued on through Senior Camper summer in 2004. Since then I have been a CIT, bunk counselor, and worked in programming. I am thrilled to make a return to working directly with campers, especially Cayuga! This has always been a dream job for me.
During the year, I am an Athletic Director at a private elementary and middle school in Royal Palm Beach, Florida. As well as my athletic administration responsibilities, I teach physical education and coach five different teams for my school. Working with children all school year and in the summer is a blessing and extremely worthwhile. I learn just as much from children, as they hopefully do from me. My educational philosophy and mission in life is to make a positive difference in the lives of children, especially through sports and physical activity.
Our staff is comprised of many new and returning faces. They have been working extremely hard over the past week and are looking forward to the campers arrival. Our wonderfully creative staff has all been working on bunk nights, village nights, special events, and even Fight Song!
We promise to send your children back to you at the end of July the same way you give them to us, however they may be smarter, stronger, more confident, and more independent than you remember!
Thank you for sending your children to CSL. It truly is a special place. You can expect to hear a lot from our village throughout this summer via this blog. It is going to be an amazing time for everyone!
Sincerely,
Max Krieger
Cayuga Unit Head 2012