Camp Seneca Lake is standing tall! As I walk around the villages and the program areas I notice only one thing missing, CAMPERS! I know all of the staff join me in counting down the days until the kids arrive and we can get down to doing what we do best…giving them the best summer of their lives.
Our staff training this summer is two days longer than in the past, and it is packed with sessions in which we share important insights and topics with the counselors. We had a special guest social worker, Jennie Schaff, come to camp to up our anti-bullying training to a new level.
The waterfront staff have been practicing their driving skills and all areas of our program practice emergency procedures that we all hope we never have to use. Our staff is huge this summer. We essentially have 1 staff member for every two campers, so you can rest assured that there are many eyes on the children at all times.
One area we have beefed up this summer is nighttime supervision. We have increased our nighttime coverage from a 1 staff: 25 camper ratio to a 1 staff: 12 camper ratio. Counselors will be in the cabins at bedtime and stay in them until the campers are quiet and falling asleep.
I am impressed by the energy, enthusiasm and commitment of our staff members. We have several newcomers who already seem like they've been here for weeks.Your kids are in for a wonderful summer…so let's get going!
John Golden
Your CSL Director