Hello camp families,
My name is Marc Field and I will be the assistant program director in August working alongside Ari and Max. This is my eighth year at camp having previously worked as both a counsellor and unit head in Cayuga, CIT director and Tusc unit head.
After my first flight from London was cancelled and only just making my connecting flight in Chicago by about 3 minutes (apologies if I nearly ran you over in Chicago airport as I sprinted for my plane) I finally arrived late last night, although my suitcase is currently missing!.
As I walked around camp last night to say hello to old friends and meet the new faces what struck me was the level of readiness, excitement and energy around camp. Village staff were meeting late into the night to ensure that they were ready to give your children the summer of their lives – and on a more personal note, it was great to see so many of my former campers that had returned as staff members.
People back home often ask me why I keep coming back. As hopefully any of you who have spent a summer at CSL can testify, that place at the bottom of a dirt road is quite simply one of the greatest places on earth (and who wouldn't want to be a part of that). However, on a deeper level camp's purpose is to make a positive difference in each and every camper each summer. It is my hope that when you see your child(ren) in two or three weeks time you will notice a positive change, even if it’s a small one, as a result of their time here.
I look forward to keeping you updated as the summer progresses…the buses are on their way.
Until next time,
Marc