Visit Us On

July 31, 2011

Cayuga Chronicles

Dear Cayuga Campers and Families,
In a matter of hours the buses will arrive at CSL and we can’t wait! The Cayuga Staff has been hard at work to make sure that this session is the best one yet! Before I get into that let me introduce myself. My name is Gregg and I will be the Cayuga Unit Head again this summer, having previously served in the role last August. This is my 7th summer at camp and my 6th summer as a member of the senior staff team. I started my camp career as a Cayuga Activity Counselor back in 2005 and I am thrilled to have made it full circle to now lead this amazing village.
The staff has spent many hours working with the senior staff and me on becoming the best counselors they can be through many training sessions. We are very lucky to have mostly all returning staff in the village serving as bunk and activity counselors, and most bunks will be joined by a member of our new SIT (Staff In Training) program. Because I know you just can’t wait; here is the list of staff for August 2011.
C-2: Brian Gordon (Bunk), Mike Pascutoi (Ropes), Jack Teitel (SIT-Bunk)
C-3: Justin Marcus (Bunk), Jared Masters (A&C), Jake Massa (SIT-Programming)
C-4: Nick Kurek (Bunk), Mike Kaplan (Waterfront), Jake Ryan (SIT-Pool)
C-5: Tristan LeVant (Bunk), Alec Jacobson (Bunk), Isaac Messina (A&C), Ben Chussid (Waterfront)
I am proud to announce that Alec Jacobson will continue to serve in the role of Assistant Unit Head this session. He will also continue in his role as our PR Liaison, collecting and posting staff blog posts from the village.
Programmatically speaking, we have many exciting things in store. Many of our traditional village programs like the Cayuga Hockey League and the annual Cayuga Biathlon will happen. Our location and activities for village day are set and we are so, so excited for it! As always we are greatly anticipating COLOR WAR 2011! I can assure you that it will be a major highlight when your campers detail their summer in letters and upon returning home. The staff has enthusiastically taken on the challenge of making sure that every bunk does something extra special outside of the normal camp program EVERY week, and as the Unit Head, I have made the same commitment to make sure that we do something special as a whole village EVERY week. Speaking of special things, in an effort to incorporate camper feedback into programming, we will be doing some Oldest Cayuga only programming that will be a big part of their final session in the village. I’m sure you are all dying for details, but I feel it’s important to keep that element of surprise. All you really need to know right now...August 2011 IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!
I am greatly looking forward to everyone having a safe, healthy, and most of all FUN summer in the village of Cayuga.
We’ll see you this morning!!!
Gregg and the Cayuga Staff
Why not share this post