Visit Us On

July 3, 2013

Tea Time with Tusc

The first day of camp was a whirlwind as always. Excitement for the buses to come, them finally arriving, being reunited with all my friends, and eating chicken nuggets were all the normal first day activities and feelings.  However, something was different.  This year I was not cheering as Onondaga or Seneca, this time I was cheering as Tusc.  We went through the regular first day rotations and began bonding right away. The next morning, we were woken up and told a list of things to pack for an unknown adventure. Later that day, all 49 of us found ourselves helping each other trudge through the edge of the lake to a campsite.  We were then told we would participate in the much talked about program: survivor.  Through the pouring cold rain we managed to complete the first activity.  Then, we were told that we had to build a fire and a shelter.  The rain made things 100% more difficult but 100% more fun as well.  By the end, we were all soaked and each slid in the mud at least once.  Despite the weather and the difficulty of the activity, it ended up being the most fun thing that I have done at camp so far.  I look forward to even more fantastic activities and how much closer I will get to everyone in Tusc 2013.

Sally
Tusc Camper
Why not share this post