Visit Us On

July 8, 2012

What's good LIT's?


Today we, the LITs, woke up to a day that seemed to be yet another amazing day here at Camp Seneca Lake, but as I soon found out, today was anything but normal. Starting with breakfast, this Sunday turned out to be one of the best days yet this summer, as we had cinnamon rolls and mini-muffins to begin our day. Then, after cleaning up the village, those staying just for July and those staying for the entire summer split, with the former making up lessons that will be missed in August and the latter going  off to lifeguard training. Seeing as I am only here for the first month, I was with the group of ten people who learned how to deal with gossip before we all reconvened at lunch to enjoy another fantastic meal, this time consisting of pizza and salad. For 3rd period my one month colleagues and I learned how to deal with sexual harassment in the workplace, and for the record those two words were heard 25 times in the eleven minute video that accompanied the lesson. Then, 4th period, we were all allowed to release our energy at athletics where some enjoyed a friendly game of knockout and others practiced their tennis skills. For dinner there was a village cookout and the LITs scattered around camp to our assigned areas and bunks to help out. I, as a C-1 LIT, was able to spend about four hours with my village in which I helped serve and afterwords, get ready for fight song  (only two Weeks away!) and I far and away felt that this was the highlight of my weekend as every moment spent with my bunk gives me valuable experience working with younger kids, and truly brightens my day. I then ventured back to LIT Land, my home for the next 3 Weeks, with my fellow Cayugan LITs and here I am. This is probably more than I'd do in an entire week at home, but at CSL, a jam-packed adventure like the one I experienced today can be expected daily and to those who question why I continue to return, this is why. It's because nothing I could imagine doing at home could come close to the experiences that I have here at my second home.

Josh Malek 
Leader in Trainng 
Why not share this post