Visit Us On

July 8, 2012

Ononbloga

Greetings from Nicole Ferrero who is in oldest Onondaga. She had us filled in on how her first Shabbat of the summer was.
Today was a really busy day.We first were down at the waterfront for the beginning of the morning. We went out on the war canoes as well as tubing. It was my first time tubing. At first I was scared, but after I went I was happy that I had gone. I went with my bunk mate Isabel. For shabbat choice, I decided to go to the pool since it was so hot outside. Afterwards, we came back to the cabin and got ready for shabbat. This is my favorite part because we have extra time to get ready. We typically dress up on Friday nights unlike any other nights. For shabbat walk, I walked down with my bunkmates to the firecircle for services. I really enjoy singing at the firecircle with my friends because this is the only night that we get to do this. I don't get to do this with my friends from home, so this makes it special for me and friends at camp. The theme of this week was "Where are you." What this statement meant to me was that I always have a place here at camp. I don't have to think about how I am going to spend my summers because I know that I belong here. I am in oldest Onondaga this summer which I am happy and sad about. I am happy because we get to have special previlages, but I am sad that it is my last summer in Onondaga. I hope to remember all the memories I have made with my bunkmates during the summer. So far, "This has been an awesome summer, and we are only a week in", she says.

Nicole Ferrero
Oldest Onondaga 0-6
Why not share this post