Nick Parker, C-1 counselor
Cayuga Chronicles
Yesterday marked the end of the first full week of camp. In just one week i am surprised by what our young cayugans have been able to accomplish. We have overcome disputes and homesickness and as a whole i now see a closely knit village that works together to create lasting memories. On the first day of camp my C-1 campers would question why we do certain things, but when they were told to paint their faces and act like animals for an hour and a half last night, there was no hesitation. Coming into camp i was nervous to have the youngest campers at CSL, 7 of which were new to camp, but I quickly found that they were the best group of campers I could have asked for. Despite not knowing each other, C-1 is always "getting after it" and making the best out of every situation. I see them making new friendships that remind me of the friendships that I made in Cayuga and have still lasted to this day. I hope to see this success continue this summer and i expect big things out of this village.