Visit Us On

July 5, 2013

Cayuga Chronicles

Happy Independence Day, friends!  

I am excited to write that this is my first blog post of 2013! My name is Isaac Messina and this is my fourth summer being a counselor for Cayuga and my twelfth summer at CSL. I am a counselor for C-2. 

Today was an exciting Fourth of July here at CSL. We began the day with breakfast of pancakes and fruit down at the waterfront. Cayuga's first activity was swimming to the moon and back...at the ski dock. Our campers next impressed us with their knowledge of American trivia. They knew more answers than I did! 

The day continued with various lawn games. My personal favorite was the relay race with a spoon and an egg. We had to balance an egg as we ran around a cone--seemingly simple but my bunk really got after it. My bunk's egg broke after the third camper but we still raced on with only the broken shell. The campers had a great time. 

We the people of Cayuga, in order to form a more perfect village.

Until next time,
Isaac, C-2 counselor
Why not share this post