Visit Us On

July 10, 2013

Cayuga Chronicles

This week I had to leave camp for two days because of college orientation.  I was exciting to start meeting new friends, but was surprised to find myself missing my village and the waterfront so much.  These two days were supposed to be a break from camp and to start learning about the next four years of my life and yet I couldn't stop thinking about camp.  As orientation ended and I drove back to camp and into Cayuga, I was surrounded by my campers who were excited to see me.  It's moments like that that remind me why I keep coming back to camp.  Making a difference and giving kids an unbelievable summer is what we're here to do.  It's funny how something so simple as your campers noticing that you are gone can be one of the greatest rewards.   
- Quentin LeVant, C-2/Waterfront Activity Counselor 
Why not share this post