Hi there CSL :)
I am so excited to see you all in just a few short weeks. My name is Rachel Kosoff, and I am going to be the Seneca Unit Head this summer! This will be my 7th overall summer as a Unit Head, and my 4th summer as a Unit Head for the village of Seneca. Some exciting news in my life from our time away from CSL is that last month I graduated with honors from my coursework at SUNY Geneseo, which leads me to my student teaching experience coming up this fall. As of December 2013 I will be a certified teacher for grades K-6 in regular and special education! I am excited to see where my classroom adventures take me in the near future.
As I begin my 16th summer at CSL, I like to think about the difference that a whole year makes within a person. Interests can change, passions can be redirected, personal style changes…yet we all come together each summer and interact in ways that will have a lasting impact on the memories we hold tight for a lifetime. I can recall deep chats with my bunkmates from when I was in Seneca in 1996-1997 just as readily as I can recall meaningful conversations I had with my Senecan campers and staff just last summer. What this says to me, is that no matter where life takes us in the ‘real world’, in the world of CSL people leave imprints on each other’s hearts and minds no matter their age, or position at camp. What I am most looking forward to for our 2013 summer together is just that…guiding the village of Seneca forward using the path imprinted on our hearts and minds from our collective pasts.
Summer is almost here! Now, start packing, put together a playlist of your favorite songs that we can dance to in the village, and I will see you soon.
Sincerely,
Rachel Kosoff
Seneca UH