As camp rapidly approaches, every camper counts down the days until we can all be reunited again. Last year, after August, camp seemed like a distance away and some people weren’t even thinking about the next summer of 2013. As the months progressed and seemed to be creeping up day by day, the thoughts of being a Tuscaroran entered my mind and I couldn’t wait. The late night fires, waterskiing experiences, new basketball court and hobbies flooded into my mind. Everyone envisions camp differently but no matter what, Camp is apart of us and the day we can all be together is coming soon.
A couple of weeks ago, Alex Lederman celebrated his Bar Mitzvah. Alex has been a camper for a long time and all of the Ledermans have been to camp. During the festivities, the photographer asked for anyone who has ever been to Camp Seneca Lake to join in a picture. I couldn’t believe how many people gathered. From young Cayugans to older former campers, everyone was discussing their experience at camp. There were multiple generations of campers lined up to take the picture and it hit me. I realized that camp never leaves the heart no matter how long you have been away from CSL. Although this is my last year as a camper, I know that I will always stay a camper. The memories I have gathered during my six years at Camp Seneca Lake will shape who I am in the future and the “get after it” kind of attitude will stay with me forever. Let’s get ready for the greatest summer of our lives!
Noah Stevens
Tuscarora Camper, 2013