Visit Us On

June 6, 2013

CSL, JCC, and Israel

Hi Everyone!

I am so incredibly excited for summer 2013, and can't wait to see all 35!!!! CSL in Israel participants in just a few short weeks!  It's been a busy year planning for this inaugural trip, but absolutely worth it.  I first traveled to Israel on a peer trip when I was sixteen, the summer before my junior year in high school.  The trip changed my life.  It changed how I saw myself as a person, and as a Jew.  There's something unparalleled about literally walking in the footsteps of thousands of years of Jewish history, about standing at the peak of Masada, the edge of the Kinneret, or in front of the Kotel.  It's indescribable.

This summer I have the honor or guiding 35 CSLers on their own journey through the Promised Land.  Over the course of five weeks we'll tour the country from the inside out - touring, hiking, swimming, camping, reflecting, and exploring.  We'll sleep in the desert, swim (or float!) in the Dead Sea, and visit both historical and contemporary sites, enabling to understand Israel from Abraham to today.  One highlight of the trip is a three night four day "sea to sea" hike from the Kinneret to the Mediterranean.  Other highlights include the many encounters we'll have with other cultures and religions, our two day community service project in Tzfat, and our P2G weekend in Modi'in where we'll be hosted by our Israeli friends.

The CSL in Israel participants couldn't finish the summer without a little time at 200 Camp Road, so you'll see us in August when we come for a Shabbat to share about our trip!

Joy Getnick
CSL in Israel Trip Leader
JCC Jewish Program Director
Why not share this post