Visit Us On

June 27, 2012

Smiles from Seneca :)

Dear CSL family and friends,

My name is Rachel Kosoff and I am the 2012 Seneca Unit Head! I'm excited to introduce myself to those of you who don't know me yet, and can't wait to see the smiles on the girls faces when they arrive on Sunday. This is my 15th summer at CSL (I started back in 1996 as an S-2 camper!), and my 6th time as a Unit Head. In 2005 and 2006 I ran the amazing village of Seneca, and in 2009 I was one of two CIT directors. Most recently in 2010 and 2011 I ran the LIT program and now have the opportunity to see many staff members that were previously campers of mine working with their own campers and creating lasting memories for a whole new crop of Senecans! It's a great feeling to be back in Seneca; it's the village that I have spent the most time in over the course of my CSL career, and I just can't wait to be influenced and affected by your children; thank you in advance for sharing them with me and the Seneca staff this summer :) 

I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you more about me and what I do outside of camp. I have a degree from the University of Western Ontario in Psychology, and am currently working on a second degree in Education at SUNY Geneseo, in which I will become dual certified in regular and special education working with grades K-6. In between degrees I lived in Raleigh, North Carolina for 5 years where I was a teaching assistant in a special education classroom. Today I live in Rochester and work at Temple B'rith Kodesh as a 1st grade religious school teacher, and also run the high school youth group known as BRiKTY. I'm so fortunate to have found my passion through teaching, because it leaves my summers open to continue to come to camp and foster growth in the current and future staff of CSL. 

Thank you for putting your trust in us this summer; I promise that your girls will be taken care of and given the best summer yet here at CSL. We have a lot of tricks up our sleeve, and we really just can't wait to get the campers here and start 2012 off on the right foot! Enjoy the next few days packing and getting everything ready for camp. We are certainly ready for ya. 

See you soon! 
Sincerely,

Rachel Kosoff
Why not share this post