Visit Us On

August 2, 2011

Memoirs From a Mohican: Camper Chronicles

Hello CSL community,

My name is Jesse Bennett and I am in M-7. This session there are two oldest Mohawk bunks. The people in my bunk are Jake Henning, Andrew Dunaif, Scott Ansell, Noah Salmons, Adam Stein, Nate Surra, and of course Leo Cohen. Six out of eight people in my bunk were here in July, including myself. Since I began attending CSL I have always been a July camper. One of the best decisions I have ever made was to come all summer this year. I'm meeting lots of new people and I have become friends with all of them.

On the first day when we got here we had orientation in a variety of areas around camp (Ex. Waterfront, poison ivy, pool, etc.). After that we unpacked for a while and the evening activity was tryouts for Mohawk American League. While this was going on Onondaga had their nukem tryouts. Seneca had SSL tryouts. And Cayuga had CHL tryouts. The best, and my favorite, is MAL tryouts. After tryouts the entire staff and specialty areas were introduced to the camp at the fire circle. And then, we all passed out from an extremely exhausting day.

The second day of the August session was a normal day of camp. It seems to me that everything is settling in at camp. The normal routine has finally started. Normal does not to justice to what camp is like. It is definitely something much bigger than just "normal". It is truly special and I am thrilled to be able to partake in every aspect of camp. I know that everyone in camp is excited and pumped for a fantastic August session.

Sincerely,
Jesse Bennett
M-7 Camper
Why not share this post